If you have been asked to be Sponsor for Baptism or Confirmation, please use this checklist to determine your eligibility:
- Am I a registered and active parishioner of the Parish of St. Teresa of Calcutta for at least 4 months?
- Am I at least 16 years of age?
- Have I received the Sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation in the Catholic Church?
- If married, was I married in the Catholic Church?
- Do I attend Mass regularly on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation?
- Do I receive the Sacraments of the Church regularly?
- Do I understand and accept the responsibility, which I undertake as a Sponsor, and do I promise to pay special attention to the person I am sponsoring in his/her efforts to live a Christian life that reflects the spirit and teachings of the Catholic Church?
- Am I prepared to assist the parents in their Christian duty by my example, support, encouragement and prayer?
If you meet all the above, please call the Parish Rectory for a Letter of Sponsor Eligibility.