Court Saint Elizabeth #1486
Catholic Daughters of the Americas is the largest international Catholic Women’s Organization in the world headquartered in New York City with Courts throughout the Americas. Court St. Elizabeth was founded in 1948. A fellowship of Catholic women its mission is to enhance the spiritual and social lives of its members while making significant charitable contributions on the parish, local, state, national, and international levels. Membership is open to all Catholic women who are at least 18 years old.
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in Msgr. O’Hara Hall Ascension Worship Site. Attendance at meetings is encouraged but not mandatory. Participation as a member of one of the many committees is also encouraged.
Our activities include:
- Provide scholarships each year for both eighth grade and senior high school graduates
- Present baptism bags to parents
- Handcraft rosaries for our sacrament recipients
- Sponsor an annual baby shower for local charities
- Visit area nursing homes, assisting residents playing bingo and providing
celebrations for Christmas
- Collect stamps, card fronts, can tabs, PENNIES FROM HEAVEN (and folding money) for our various charities in jars located at each worship site
- Participate in a day of recollection during Lent for all women
- Celebrate National Catholic Daughters Day in October
All members receive a monthly newsletter detailing the local, state, and national activities.
Dues are $25.00 for the year.
All are welcome to join us.